Creating a New Place of Welcome
Join the $4.5 million Place of Welcome campaign and help us build a new home away from home for tens of thousands of seafarers who visit us each year!
A New Place of Welcome
Seafarers’ House is currently located in 26-year-old 'temporary buildings' that have well outlived their lifespan and are inadequate to address the spiritual; mental, emotional, practical and physical health and wellness; needs of today's maritime community.
The Place of Welcome Campaign for Seafarers’ House requires $4.5 million in philanthropy to expand our services, enlarge our facilities, and provide the means to sustain the operations and programs of Seafarers’ House. The new facility will offer the same services we have today: a chapel, international money transfer and international convenience store, but will add facilities for much needed and requested services including:
- Private access to clergy and counseling in a more confidential and comfortable setting
- Expanded recreation areas to improve overall health and wellness
- An improved experience shopping for essential personal items
- Space for training, meetings, and professional development
- A café with indoor and outdoor seating so visitors can enjoy a quiet, hot meal with friends
- An outdoor meditation garden where mariners can relax and enjoy terra firma
Click here to give to the Place of Welcome Campaign Today!
Gifts of $500 or more will receive recognition on the Wall of Honor!
Contact the Development Office at
954-734-1580 to learn more.